How to create color parameter ? How to do it ????

Morrorz

I think that you might have misunderstood what that forum post is about.

The first picture demonstrates the different color codes a parameter can have when it is in different states. This is not something you can directly assign to be present all the time (as far as I know). It is just an indicator that something is happening to the value, like it's being animated by keyframes or by code.

The second picture just shows the color code for the different types of values in VOPS. This is just a visual thing Houdini does to easier differentiate between different data types and is not really something you can change or assign at will. It's just meant as a visual aid.

The third picture showing different colored inputs of a node is something you can change fairly easily by going inside a node and changing the color of the input nodes themself.

Hope that helps explain :)

39 minutes ago, Morrorz said:

Thank you sir. Martin Brattensborg.Peon

I just wonder parameter Can i change colour in python ?

I seen this link : 

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/50408/?page=1#post-227213

He can change colour input node.I wanna try change parameter colour but them can't ahahaha.

I don't think I fully understand what you want to do.

Are you looking to change the color of a parameter?
Or are you looking to change the color of the input of a node?

If you are looking to change the color of a parameter to anything you want, I don't think that is possible in python or in any other way in Houdini. The only way a parameter changes color in Houdini is by doing something to it, like for example animating it or adding an expression to it.

If you are looking to change the color of a node's input, simply go inside a the node and change the color of the input node. You can do this manually by selecting the input node, hitting the "C" key and choosing a different color. This can also be done in python by executing this command:

n = hou.node("/path/to/node").setColor(hou.Color(1,0,0))

This would make the node red, to change the color simply change around the three numbers at the end to a value between 0 and 1.

• 5 months later...