Control Range- Pyro solver

isah_voodoo

Hello,

I am trying to have a better understanding of the control range vs the influence threshold parameters in the pyro solver. Specifically under turbulence tab, as it is the easiest to visualize for me.
 The docs state: 

Control field: 

When enabled, the force exerted is scaled by the content of this field.

Control Range:
Map from this range of values in the control field.

Control Field Ramp:
The ramp’s vertical axis is strength of the effect and the horizontal axis is the value in the control field

-----------------------------------

The control field is pretty self explanatory I think. But the Control Range is confusing me a little. So lets say I have a smoke simulation that has density values ranging from 0- 100. If I were to plug in 25-50 in the control range, this means that only density values that are from 25-50 will get turbulence. anything less than 25 will NOT get turbulence and anything greater than 50 will NOT get turbulence. is this correct ?

Thanks

The control range is used to remap 25-50 to 1-0. that's because ramps use values from 0-1 as input.
The values below 25 will get the amount of turbulence you have in your ramp at 0 (left side)
and values above 50 are mapped to the ramp value at 1 (right side)
GasTurbulence DOP is an OTL, you can go inside and see exactly what's going on.

Hope that makes sense

@bunkerThank you. That makes a bit more sense but I just don't understand why anything below 25 and above 50 will still get turbulence. Wouldn't it make sense that only density ranging from 25-50 will get turbulence only ? Why would a density of 100 get turbulence if i'm strictly setting my range from 25-50. What's the point of the control range then ?

Thanks