Capturing Full Characters Geometry With Autorig Is Not Working!

Dr. Gore

I can capture a single polygon arm with capture geometry, color shows and bones move with geometry.

But rigging a full character with autorig and capture geometry is not working or showing colors. am I approaching this all wrong. I wanted to have a walk cycle in the works be tonight, but I am still new to character tools in Houdini.

I can capture a single polygon arm with capture geometry, color shows and bones move with geometry.

But rigging a full character with autorig and capture geometry is not working or showing colors. am I approaching this all wrong. I wanted to have a walk cycle in the works be tonight, but I am still new to character tools in Houdini.

Hey, Gore

I am not sure whether this is gonna be very helpful to you, but I might suggest you watching the old sidefx tutorials on rigging\capturing (there were a couple of video tutorials) (and maybe www.3dbuzz.com has got some as well). Sorry - I can't upload them.

rrr

Hey, Gore

I am not sure whether this is gonna be very helpful to you, but I might suggest you watching the old sidefx tutorials on rigging\capturing (there were a couple of video tutorials) (and maybe www.3dbuzz.com has got some as well). Sorry - I can't upload them.

rrr

I think I was to quick to ask a question about autorig I didn't ever see the capture/proxy tab there. The character I am rigging is coming from a obj file exported from XSI. Capture rig path and export data to capture rig is kind of throwing me off. Sorry, to have wasted your time such lame question.

• 4 months later...
I think I was to quick to ask a question about autorig I didn't ever see the capture/proxy tab there. The character I am rigging is coming from a obj file exported from XSI. Capture rig path and export data to capture rig is kind of throwing me off. Sorry, to have wasted your time such lame question.

Hello ,

I want to capture the geometry with the AutoRig . How can I select the root node of the skeleton?

thanks,

bern