Ball not following rails (What am I doing wrong) ?

davidyannick

Hmm, I think the issue is that by default the "rigid body solver" node actually uses the bullet solver under the hood, meaning that you have to configure your colliders in the bullet tab and by default, the bullet collider is set to "Convex Hull" for performance reasons and with a convex collision geometry, it'll only collide with a simplified bounding box of your geometry (not an entirely accurate explanation but I just don't know how to best describe Convexity :wacko:). Just move over to the bullet tab in collisions for your static object and set it to "Concave" or move over to your "rigid body solver" and change the top dropdown from "bullet" to "RBD" and it should fix your issue.

P.S. Also, if you want to share your scenes on the forum remember to "unlock" your custom HDA's (RMB + "Allow Editing of Contents"), if not they will come through as empty for us on the other side.

Edited by underscoreus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, underscoreus said:

Hmm, I think the issue is that by default the "rigid body solver" node actually uses the bullet solver under the hood, meaning that you have to configure your colliders in the bullet tab and by default, the bullet collider is set to "Convex Hull" for performance reasons and with a convex collision geometry, it'll only collide with a simplified bounding box of your geometry (not an entirely accurate explanation but I just don't know how to best describe Convexity :wacko:). Just move over to the bullet tab in collisions for your static object and set it to "Concave" or move over to your "rigid body solver" and change the top dropdown from "bullet" to "RBD" and it should fix your issue.

P.S. Also, if you want to share your scenes on the forum remember to "unlock" your custom HDA's (RMB + "Allow Editing of Contents"), if not they will come through as empty for us on the other side.

ok thanks for your help and advices :)