Sepp1985

Good old metal bending. Help with VEX

Hi,

I´m fairly new to houdini and been following some courses and tutorials over the past years. Recently I followed the below metal bending tutorial. Which gives a really nice result. In a current

project I have a metal construction. Currently the Glue constraints break, switch to soft constraints. The VEX Code within the rbdbulletsolver turns the soft constraints back to glue constraints after a defined frame range.

What I need is, when the constraints have a certain angular threshold they do not turn back to glue constraints or soft constraints. They should simply break and the pieces fall off.

Unfortunately I can not share the project file. Hope anyone can help and has some advice. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi @Peony

so you want to break the constrain based on angle. what u can do is

if(@angle>(keep the vale you want )){

removeprim(0,@primnum,1);

}

once go through the help go know more about removeprim function and make sure you use a sop solver in dop network so that you can delete constraint over time.

16 hours ago, Killswitch said:

Hi @Peony

so you want to break the constrain based on angle. what u can do is

if(@angle>(keep the vale you want )){

removeprim(0,@primnum,1);

}

once go through the help go know more about removeprim function and make sure you use a sop solver in dop network so that you can delete constraint over time.

Thanks a lot @Killswitch! As I was working with the sop rbdtools, for some reason, the approach did not work out. Solution was to setup a complex set of constaints for several prim groups.

But, as I am so eager to learn and had an older version of my project that I built entirely in dop. I tested your approach as well. Took some time, but it worked. :) Thanks a lot.

• Like 1