Control Geo not inherit joint rotation

So this goes in my list of petty requests, my background is as a designer and ugly rigs make me crazy.

Can anyone think of a simple way to get the Attach Control Geometry to ignore the rotation of the attached joint or easily counter-act it?

Some controls, for instance IK foot controllers, Knee pole vectors, and certain controllers for things like shoulders and clavicles, generally (by convention) are usually set in world space. That is: the control isn't oriented to the joint's rotation, it's just attached with a world rotation of 0,0,0. Of course you can manually adjust the control, but that takes a fair amount of fiddling (especially if it was your OCD that made you want to change it in he first place).

I thought I could dive inside and bypass something or add some nodes in there, but it looks like everything is handled by one slow Python script and my Python ain't what it was.

I'd like to just be able to add something that bypasses the transfer of the joint orientation to the controller or inverts the matrix.