multiple solver node execution order

cloudamy

Hi,

So I am thinking about creating the velocity in node geo1 and move the points in node geo2. The problem is, I want to change the velocity each frame so i have a solver node in geo1. let's call it solver1. when i want to move points in geo2, i created another solver node, solver2. I am thinking about simply reading the velocity in solver1 and use it in solver2, like using  getattrib. However, I am not sure at each time frame what is the order of execution. How can I ensure that at each time frame solver1 is executed before solver2?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming I've understood your explanation correctly, solver1 will always be computed before solver2 simply because when solver2 tries to getattrib from solver1, solver1 will be computed for the current frame.

Everything in Houdini cooks (computes) from "top" to "bottom", "left" to "right" in a node tree and when you call nodes with getattrib or through a node like "object merge" those nodes will be placed above the current node in the node tree/execution order.

3 hours ago, underscoreus said:

Assuming I've understood your explanation correctly, solver1 will always be computed before solver2 simply because when solver2 tries to getattrib from solver1, solver1 will be computed for the current frame.

Everything in Houdini cooks (computes) from "top" to "bottom", "left" to "right" in a node tree and when you call nodes with getattrib or through a node like "object merge" those nodes will be placed above the current node in the node tree/execution order.

Yes, this is exactly what I was confused about. Thank you!

• Like 1