a very general look at a houdini-unreal/realtime renderer workflow

As there is nobody in the world who doesn't like fast render times, i was stumbling around, looking for interesting things. I came across renderers like eevee(blender), but also unreal. 

From my experience (not really that much experience), eevee was kind of buggy here and there, although the development is going fast. But especially the unreal engine looks.. unreal (really bad joke).

At the moment i got to say, the opengl renderer inside houdini does the job most of the times pretty well, but it has it's limitations.

I can totally image creating a scene in houdini, send it over to unreal, and render it from there. My intentions are mostly just non-realtime stuff, like motion graphics. but getting basic knowledge about realtime-applications would be a nice bonus.

Are people actually doing that? is the workflow easy/fast?, is it a "realtime" link between unreal/houdini? I can't really tell if there is content out there using this workflow. I only see some game-related content, but i'm more into non-linear animations. I am in the first place still a beginner with houdini, but very interested. 

• Like 1

here is something that was uploaded very recently from Epic themselves, ik its C4D but the concept is the same with Houdini. You can export to unreal or use the engine plugin to create what you want inside unreal without leaving the app