Transfer v from cached FLIP to BULLET rigids???

5DNick

Dear Houdini genii,

Most of my question is in title. Here is more specificity:

I want some rigids (broken glass of aquarium) to move outwards as the water (the FLIP I'm going to .sim cache) flows down and out and around the table its on.

I'm guessing a good way to do this is replace the velocity of the rigids with the velocity from the FLIP (that'd be volume???).

Does this make sense?

And do I achieve this?

I'm guessing that i should add a little noise too.

Attribute wrangle the velocity or VOP it???

Then I'm going to cache the rigids and feed back into a new FLIP that runs slightly faster and collides with the rigids so the water flows a bit in between the glass rigids (will look cool if not totally realistic???).

Yh not entirely sure about the realism level (it's very very slo mo), because I cannot find reference, but looking kinda real and kinda just what I think looks cool is what im going for.

Thanks in advance.

5D

1 hour ago, amaviztime said:

Dear Houdini genii,

Most of my question is in title. Here is more specificity:

I want some rigids (broken glass of aquarium) to move outwards as the water (the FLIP I'm going to .sim cache) flows down and out and around the table its on.

I'm guessing a good way to do this is replace the velocity of the rigids with the velocity from the FLIP (that'd be volume???).

Does this make sense?

And do I achieve this?

I'm guessing that i should add a little noise too.

Attribute wrangle the velocity or VOP it???

Then I'm going to cache the rigids and feed back into a new FLIP that runs slightly faster and collides with the rigids so the water flows a bit in between the glass rigids (will look cool if not totally realistic???).

Yh not entirely sure about the realism level (it's very very slo mo), because I cannot find reference, but looking kinda real and kinda just what I think looks cool is what im going for.

Thanks in advance.

5D

Hi - try Advecting POP Node - Method Position Voxel and Velocity Inherte Feature  maybe get believable Motion From FLIP Velocity ( this method have some issues but try with group pop when ur data voxel is empty to fixed Freeze Motion Issues ) 

4 hours ago, Ultraman said:

Hi - try Advecting POP Node - Method Position Voxel and Velocity Inherte Feature  maybe get believable Motion From FLIP Velocity ( this method have some issues but try with group pop when ur data voxel is empty to fixed Freeze Motion Issues ) 

I'm sorry I don't understand your explaination.