"Vellum Reference Frame" node usage

teshelman

Hello, I've been researching for a while, perusing for a while, and experimenting for a while with Houdini at home.  I've been trying to use vellum cloth on a character that is animated, not just with his limb motions but also his location and rotation (center of mass moving about).  Sometimes I want the vellum to work with that, say, if he does a flip over a barrel, but if I'm just trying to move him into position (say, stage right) from his starting T pose, I'd really like for the vellum to ignore that positional movement and just use his local joint movement as he settles into an idle/rest pose.  I've been given to understand that the Vellum Reference Frame node might be useful for that sort of thing, but the official documentation is short on what values in the data channels would actually suffice, and I'm not sure where to wire it into the vellum node flow.  I've been assuming after the Vellum Solver, but I'm not sure on that, and simulations are taking forever to test simple iterative experiments.

Do any of you have experience with the Vellum Reference Frame in this sort of context, and have recommendations on how it might be used?

Thank you!