Smoke simulation driven by particles

Daniel_Voloshkevych

Hey folks,

I am messing around with a particle simulation. Now I want to hook up a pyro simulation which will be driven by the particle sim.

This is my smoke sim setup from the particles: (it would be awesome if someone knows, how I could set it up so that there will be the typical smoke mushrooms visible during a rocket lift-off). 

Because I can't figure it out how to make the smoke going outwards and not just sticking to the particle simulation..

I have tried to increasing the turbulence and disturbance in my pyro solver to break up the thing that the smoke is sticking to my particle sim... but this hasn't worked out yet.

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Particle setup_ smoke simulation_Launch sim.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! A couple of big things to note. 1 and simplest, are you rasterizing the v from the particles as vel. 2 Your particle sourcing looks really big, normally when you use particles for an explosion, its only for a few frames and its used to "launch" the pyro sim for the first few frames and let the pyro solver handle the rest. If that isnt what you mean, then you can also try adding pumps to your sim. Basically that's adding and continuous flow of velocity on top of what you have that helps drives the tendrils of the explosion further.

• 2 weeks later...