Flip narrowband and colliders

gangland

Hi

I building an flip simulation that has a shore. i using ocean source sop, in the the second input it has the ("colission geometry") that ive plugged in order to kill the points inside collision geometry.

In dop i created the static object to use as collider against the flip particles. I using narrow band to fill an layer of the surface.

Here's the problem, when the simulation start the particles goes up to the collision geometry and its leaking non-stop messing the whole simulation.

Ive messed with all the parameters but the problem still occuring, ive a felling that it has something with the narrowband, it must have a way to fix that

please help me.

simple hip file:
narrow_band_flip.hip

GIF 31-12-2021 09-27-48.gif

Edited by gangland

On 1/3/2022 at 3:26 AM, FunnyName said:

Hey Gabriel,

In your collisionsource2 node, volume tab, I reduced voxel size to 0.05 from 0.5. It helped a lot. Try it :).

Hey Pranav, i did you call and somehow the problem persists, it seems a bug.

i did an turnaround that worked for me. in the dop level, i create an delete rule of everything above the ocean surface, then after i few frames i excluded this rule. it works great this time.

thanks for the tip