Icons gallery

j00ey

I'm building an interface for an HDA and I want to use the icon style for an ordered menu. I know where to find the icons and how to specify them etc but the docs refer to a gallery which might save a bit of time over using the browser. However I can't actually figure out how to find it..!

Docs say :

Currently you can only specify native Houdini icons. (To see a gallery of available icons, open the internal help browser and go to /icons.)

I've tried everything I can think of in the help browser - using the url itself, appending /icons to the home address, searching for '/icons' etc but nothing works. Anyone able to give me a clue?

Many thanks

• 1 year later...

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hom/hou/qt/Icon.html

You can discover Houdini icons using the Houdini file chooser dialog and diving into the “hicon://” path. The name of the icon file without the .svg extension is the icon’s name. For example, the icon name for “hicon://SVGIcons.index/BUTTONS_help.svg” is “BUTTONS_help”

source:

You can also find a zip file containing all the .svgs here

$HFS\houdini\config\Icons\icons.zip

Edited by christaylor3d

Hi. Thanks for that. I know where to find them in the file browser, I was trying to figure out what this 'gallery' in the help browser was all about.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:06 PM, j00ey said:

(To see a gallery of available icons, open the internal help browser and go to /icons.)

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2023 at 12:51 PM, j00ey said:

Hi. Thanks for that. I know where to find them in the file browser, I was trying to figure out what this 'gallery' in the help browser was all about.

Hi! Try to look at this guy's tool. Could help you out. :) 
https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/ed7p2/houdini-icon-browser-free?utm_source=artstation&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=homepage&utm_term=marketplace