Using houdini with Dual Processors

MoSobhy

Download the rendering realmedia file. It discusses about that. I think you have to go into ROP's and specify the hostname of each processor you want to use. For example if your hostname was "bitchmaster3030" you would specify "bitchmaster3030" twice where it says localhost. Also you can specify more processors on your network if you have any. I do not think network rendering works with the Apprentice version, and I am not sure if it even uses both processors. As stated above, I would check out the .rm that discusses rendering. Hope this helps

-capin_crunch

cheers

The only "interactive" portion which supports multithreading is the execution of all the VEX operations (VEXsops, VEXpops, etc). Nothing else in Houdini so far. It seems to me that Houdini should be fairly easy for SESI to multithread. I'd imagine that you could pretty easily split the dependancy graph into to indepedant trees and put each of those into 2 or more threads. There must be a lot to it that I haven't considered or I'm sure they would have done that by now.

Cheers,

J