Vellum Grains ID

Hi there,

I was trying to make point IDs to work with vellum grains being emitted.

I went into the vellum source, and there is a couple of wrangles already in place to update IDs using the "nextid" detail attribute, just like a pop solver, but it is setup in a way that it just does not work, I did modify the VellumSource switches so it actually update the IDs, I am putting the file here so you can have a look.

I find that change very non elegant as I have to open the source HDA, do any of you guys know if there is something I am missing to get IDs to work out the box?  I know I could also use a sop solver and do my own update of the IDs, but since there is something already there in the source, I am not sure if there is a toggle or something I am missing.

Thanks.

Hernan.

vellumID_0010__vellumid__v001.hiplc

On 2022/5/22 at 6:35 PM, moneitor said:

Hi there,

I was trying to make point IDs to work with vellum grains being emitted.

I went into the vellum source, and there is a couple of wrangles already in place to update IDs using the "nextid" detail attribute, just like a pop solver, but it is setup in a way that it just does not work, I did modify the VellumSource switches so it actually update the IDs, I am putting the file here so you can have a look.

I find that change very non elegant as I have to open the source HDA, do any of you guys know if there is something I am missing to get IDs to work out the box?  I know I could also use a sop solver and do my own update of the IDs, but since there is something already there in the source, I am not sure if there is a toggle or something I am missing.

Thanks.

Hernan.

vellumID_0010__vellumid__v001.hiplc

just try initialzing nextid and id attributes in SOP before sim

vellumID_0010__vellumid__v001_od.hiplc

• Like 1