Select a range of groups in vellum drape

Hi everyone !

I made an example .hip file below if you need !

I have a vellum patch and I want to drape it. I can select the groups in the old fashion way by selecting the needed groups one by one in the Vellum Drape node. But when it goes to very large pieces of vellum, it can be very laborious. 

My question is: Is there a way to select to tell the Vellum Drape, "select all the groups between backPatch_seam0 group to backPatch_seam2" ?

image.png.55e772b994466287aa0a9465387ed468.pngBasic_State.thumb.png.9622276b023ee3547e7d8229a7a2a8b7.png

I can share what I found until now though !

We can write this in the Vellum Drape node: "backPatch_seam[012]" and it selects the groups with the indicated suffixes between "[]". But as you can imagine, it doesn't work if the seams you want to select are numbers like 13 ; 78 ; etc... because this expression understand only the digits in these numbers (13 becomes 1 & 3 ; 78 becomes 7 & 8).

image.png.1eccc74ae7506bfedf46cd7ef50a393f.pngimage.png.715b74d936e6751e620db544dc06bc19.png

Is there a better method to accomplish that ?

Here is a .hip file if you want to try:

Select A range of groups.hip

Edited by DeBrumaire