Magical FX Particle smoke simulation

Daniel Voloshkevych

Hello,

I am trying to achive something similar to all that magical stuff shown in big movies like: Doctor Strange and Avangers or Harry potter where they battle with the sticks or do a magical spell shot.

I have a animated curve, I have a animated object following the curve. 

Now I want that this moving Object, should emit some smoke, so I can tweak the look of it easly in the pyro solver. Then I would add a pop-network where I would add the pop advect by particles node. 

Currently I have problems attaching a pyro sim to that moving object. when I use a scatter node and then a pyro source node and say "keep input" then the moving object is moving along the curve but the smoke is moving with it and it looks kinda odd.

does someone knows how to set it up correctly?

It sounds like you're tracking your pyro bounds to the object rather than resizing the bounds with it's movement. 

I'd suggest posting an example scene of what you're currently trying so others can update it for you to help; if not, search in the odforce and sidefx forums and you should find other posts/examples for emitting pyro from moving objects, it's come up more than a few times.