POP Steer Seek Goal,Crowd

Guna

Hello everyone,

Need help on pop steer seek goal for crowd. I have mapped the target goal id for each agent. After attacking their primary target the agents move towards their secondary target. The secondary target goal id for 4 is 7 and for 7 is 4.
I have set their location as goal. I am expecting them to move towards each other and seek their goal, instead they are wandering. Would be nice to get some help on this. Thanks.

popsteerseek.gif

Screenshot 2023-01-28 130143.png

Screenshot 2023-01-28 130226.png

10 hours ago, Atom said:

I would suggest your secondary goal needs to become the primary goal after a battle is completed.

Wander is a problem, I'd turn it off.

Using this thread I want to know how to make the crowds switch their transition when reach the id points mapped?
I`m trying to make a logo and it worked using the id mapping of the steer seek for attracting them. However, the last animation needs to be triggered when reach the exactly points that They were attracted. 

Can you help me please ??
Thanks

I've done this before by setting up a render loop, which is essentially a PopWrangle that executes every frame. Inside that wrangle add code to measure the distance between the current location the goal. Once that distance is small, you know the agent has arrived, and can trigger a new state.

Edited by Atom

5 hours ago, Atom said:

I've done this before by setting up a render loop, which is essentially a PopWrangle that executes every frame. Inside that wrangle add code to measure the distance between the current location the goal. Once that distance is small, you know the agent has arrived, and can trigger a new state.

Yeah, I used your code but it didn't work in my project. The pop steer seek with id mapping worked for me but They keep walking around the goal and my arrival is activated. I also triggered the last state using the object distance (point cloud) and object attribute, using sop geo and goal attribute. 

Both gave me this result but not perfect :(

Another thing I've done in cases like this is to sort source and targets points along the same axis. Divide your VFX points in half to have each crowd group seek only those points. Less crossing another's path and triggering wander/avoid.

On 1/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, Atom said:

I would suggest your secondary goal needs to become the primary goal after a battle is completed.

Wander is a problem, I'd turn it off.

Thanks for the suggestion, Atom. I have taken lot of insights from your codes on crowd combat. Thanks a lot.

right now I have used  two goals  although they  are not active at the same time on an agent. I think will try to keep only one goal and change only the target id after the first battle is completed that should avoid goal conflicts.