Implementing Flip Solver in your Workflow

Bricard

Lately I have been learning the flip solver. I am concerned with one big difference with the pyro/vellum solver, which is that i could not reproduce what the flip solver does with a dop. The inside of the this solver is much more complex.

I feel a bit insecure about this, I don't like being unable to reproduce what I learn here in a custom setup ( which I might need to do if I have to do a more custom simulation, with interactions with others solvers or whatever) and I don't like having a sim that automatically looks good but that i cannot fully control.

How did you implement it in you workflows ? I guess you can customize a lot by editing fields before inputing them in the flip solver but would that be enough ?

If anyone has advice it would be great but I would be glad as well to just hear your opinions or your experience with this change.

• 2 months later...

You have not work on it long enough, need more practice to understand the whole stream.

Basic and simple = slowly make the stream chain similar Flip shelf tool by its feature inside a SOP network without link around. Got to understand why it chain like that first.

Flip contain particles + volume, the volume is based grid that advect the particles project on. In and out both are containing particles and volume. Repeat and repeat then you safe

Edited by paranoidx