How to stitch multple b/w masks between each other?

Neikke

Hi,

Let's say I have a standard spherical cubemap represented by 6 standard maps (masks), is it possible to come up with some tool or a vex script to stitch all of them between each other's edges by interpolating pixels over some distance near adjacent edges so that when this cubemap is mapped onto a sphere (planet) all of the planetary sides are seamless between each other?

So basically I need to convert this:

image.thumb.png.024027e7c8fb20d0f3f9dd28c5b7c767.png

to this:

image.png?ex=65ec1b24&is=65d9a624&hm=53671b37cdc2f039cbceecfbd5b91d5359ae369f5f7fb0940f31c987177898b8&

To break it down even more clearer here's what I want to happen on each side of adjacent edges of neighbouring maps:

image.gif.961097173d91abde116cfab46d21be4c.gif

Any help and advice will be highly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by Neikke

-One possible option is to build your mask and use impaint using texture synthesis houdini. 

-Or hard way, try to recreat thesmealess connection with houdini swiss kniff.. like extract the curves from your brush stroke; attach brush looks to each, then after you came back to a more classic problem of blending curves with continuity... Hard but possible...

-Or solve the problem before you reach that point ! :)