Flex + Autorig Problem

denis

Hi. Sorry for my english :(

Can anybody help me with that problem: A have character with autorig and when i transform a leg, my geometry strange deform. To fix that problem i try to use Flex (from houdini exchange), but i can't understand how to use it with autorig.

My problem in that file:

You could try to add muscles to your rig to counteract that behaviour, perhaps?

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=132

Try this...

You have to pay attention to several things

1. The capture radius on each flexor, because the leg is quite thin I had to specify a varying capture radius - this is done in the green flexor nodes as an animation channel.

2. Also when you make your curves distribute the points fairly ubiformly, I've added a resample to fix your curves.

3. To help keep the volume in the knee I've added an extra bone that is a blend between the thigh and shin

4. Finally I reduced the maxsample count to 20 to stop it reading to many points.

flex_problem_si.zip

SOP Smoothpoint is just an asset that lets you smooth points and not prims. If you look inside you see it basically smooths everything and then moves the points not in the smooth group back to where they started. Its handy for fixing up skin rigs, not really necessary but useful to know about so I slung it on.

To set keys in the override radius just keyframe as you would an animation channel. You need to turn on use graph at the bottom of the flexor node and specify the frame range you are keying over. Point 0 on your flexor curve will be at frame 1 and the last point will be at frame 100 (assuming you leave the defaults as they are) The values that you set at each keyframe represent the radius at the same percentage along the flexor curve that the keyframe is in the animation curve.

I should point out that this system was really just a demo - although it is usable, its definetely a use at your own risk system. I personally still use it for some jobs, but for skin animation I tend to use something far more similar to Sesi's muscle capture rig, although the flex system shares some similarities I'm not 100% happy with the interpolation method used and in areas like the back of the knee it can get rather fiddly.

If you do go ahead and rig a whole character with it make sure to make yourself some proxy geometry for animating with as a complete rig it can get pretty heavy and is rather slow therefore to cook. Concidering its all written in VEX its not bad but it will never ply back in realtime.

Edited by sibarrick