Time Delay In Copy Sop

hi,

I am an occasional user of HOUDINI (as a hobby). It's an amazing software (easily the most powerful I have ever worked on, but as a freelancer in India I really cant afford it :(

Anyways, I had a small problem which i cant seem to solve.

Is there a way to create a Time Delay between animated clones within a copy sop, e.g If I animated a Twist Sop on a tube and made copies of it using a copy SOP is there a way to put in a time delay on the clones ( like say, a 5 frame offset on each clones animation ) I am not very good with MATHS but I have manged to understand most of expressions and functions within the example. But i can seem to figure out which expression to use and where.

I was thinking it could be done using CHOPS, there is a Delay operator in it, but it's just a theory :) I am not very sure how to implement it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

If somebody could upload an example file , that would be great. I have HOUDINI 8 Apprentice and HOUDINI 9 Beta so any version would be fine.

with regards

Rohan Dalvi

thanks a lot. Thats definately the fastest reply i have ever gotten. :)

Just one thing. How did you add the extra ANIM parameter slider to the TWIST SOP and what exactly is it doing. I understood the procedural one you did.

thanks once again.

"Anim" parameter is an example of "H8's spare parameter" in H9. To be more specific, every parameter is somehow "spare" in H9 since it's up to you which object's param you want to expose or hide. To add new parameter just go to "Edit Parameter Interface" (Small gear icon on a top of Parameters Pane) and add new param with a type of your choice.

In my example "Anim" keeps keyframe animated channel which I refer later with chf() expression in TwistSOP Strength param.

hope this help,

cheers,

sy.