Sbd Pin Constraint

kleer001

Is the SBD pin contraint broken in 9.0.757? I can't seem to set a point to pin the cloth to, nor do I see the guide sphere.

See attached hip, or try it yourself.

1. create default cloth object
  2. connect to cloth pin constraint
  3. connect to a gravity
  4. connect to a cloth solver

run it and it just falls.

fiddle with the constrain to animation switch on the constraint DOP or the Guide Options... still I get nothing.

sorry, here's the file:

brokenPinConstraint.hip

hi,

from checking out your network (and described workflow) it doesn't seem like you set which object and points to constrain. in the SBD pin constraint node there are fields for both. check if the attached file works for you (i'm currently running 9.0.745), it has point 0 constrained to its original location and the piece of cloth should hang from that point.

PinConstraint.hip

AAaaahhh... okay. Great! Thanks.

I just need to tell it which points/group to constrain.

DUH!

hi,

from checking out your network (and described workflow) it doesn't seem like you set which object and points to constrain. in the SBD pin constraint node there are fields for both. check if the attached file works for you (i'm currently running 9.0.745), it has point 0 constrained to its original location and the piece of cloth should hang from that point.

PinConstraint.hip