Odwiki In Spanish?

hi! i pmed marc but i didnt get an answer, surely i screwed up the pm, im having connections troubles lately, who knows...

this is the thing, im working in a personal project (u may saw it in the houdini artist reel... sorry, i had to said that! lol), and i will have my wrkstations at home rendering for about 3 months...

sooooo... as i wont be able to work at night.... im searching for something useful to spend my spare time, naaah, im not gonna go soak up the sun, nor do exercise... r u kidin'!? then the other night while i was staring at the fileManager window, couting down the frames to go... wainting to run another powershell script to keep rendeing... it came to me! the odwiki! of course...

i was wondering about the possibility of translating the od wiki to spanish, something to help the H community, im not a spanish fan (although is my native languaje) i know the english languaje is a must these days, but this could be useful for a lot of people, for example in argentina (my country) i can dare to say, that the 80% of the people in this biz needs the helps, tutorials, wikis, etc in spanish

i was thinking about a mirrored spanish wiki? updated everytime someone write something in the original odwiki, and of course, credits everwhere to you guys, the ones that made this forum and the wiki possible

just a thought... let me know what you think about that, if not, im gonna keep searching for something useful to spend my time :P

Edited by EzequielM

i thought about that actually, it can be used as a "nice" start point, but with a lot of further tweaking

i dont know how tarzan speaks in the original language, but in argentina we would say that it traslate to "tarzan speaking" :P, not bad, but needs heavy tweaking especially in specific areas of the wiki, like in the HScript section, the first line reads " Tenga cuidado de no confundir la HScript idioma con hscript, Houdini no -gui aplicaci

for what ive seen... you can suggest a "better translation", but it doestn update right away, it takes some time

ive been talking to marc, and im already begin the translation today, i already did like 40 pages, so i think im gonna have to keep searching something to do because this is gonna be over soon

i tried to use the translation as a start point but it gets more difficult to correct, that to rewrite all the thing, so im going for the last one

ill post the wiki when its in the final stages of correcting errors for you guys to see... and if anyone outhere feels like translating... dont hesitate to send me an email to ezequielm@gmail.com :)

thanks!

edit: ohhh mama... 61 and counting... 580 to go!

Edited by EzequielM

extraccion de grasa! lol! somebody suggested a really wicked translation alternative for rendering, i guess that is the "learning" that jason was asking about? <_<

photex, thanx, but the real effort was from the people that wrote the wiki in the first place, im just the translation guy... with a lot time to spare :lol:

• 7 months later...

ok, sadly i had to put this project to sleep because the lack of interest (or none) in the translation to the spanish...

the most common answer:

"but houdini... is in english... you wont do much in houdini without knowing english, the wiki can help a little but what about outside the wiki subjects if you dont understand english.... "

Thats is true, and for that reason also i didnt get much help with the translation

Ive reach almost 75% of the translation, in fact this was an excuse for reading the original wiki so nothing is lost at least for me.

It may become useful if someday sidefx annouces a spanish version of houdini... but really i dont see that happening.

lets see what happen in the near future... who knows :blink:

just wanted to let you guys know why