Copy And Group, Little Problem.

iaiotom

Hi,

this is my first post, so i aks a simple question.

I have a very simple scene, a box sop wired into left input of a copy node and a grid with a little noise wired into the right input of the same copy node. then in the copy parameter i turned on the create output grups with box$PT how parameter. Now i connect a delete node to delete all cubes that they are a TY position under 0.1, so in the filter expression of the delete node i wrote prim("../copy1",$PT,"P",1)>0.1, but this is not correct because it doesn't consider groups and it deletes faces with y position under 0.1 and not all the cube. So how can i resolve this problem???

thx

PS sorry for my bad english

Hi,

this is my first post, so i aks a simple question.

I have a very simple scene, a box sop wired into left input of a copy node and a grid with a little noise wired into the right input of the same copy node. then in the copy parameter i turned on the create output grups with box$PT how parameter. Now i connect a delete node to delete all cubes that they are a TY position under 0.1, so in the filter expression of the delete node i wrote prim("../copy1",$PT,"P",1)>0.1, but this is not correct because it doesn't consider groups and it deletes faces with y position under 0.1 and not all the cube. So how can i resolve this problem???

thx

PS sorry for my bad english

Hello and welcome!

Make sure you are set to delete points in the Entity field in the Delete SOP.

Firstly, you are using the prim() expression when you could be using a point() expression. Secondly, you should be able to just use a simplified expression "$TY < 0.1" - this should work in the same way.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Hello and welcome!

Make sure you are set to delete points in the Entity field in the Delete SOP.

Firstly, you are using the prim() expression when you could be using a point() expression. Secondly, you should be able to just use a simplified expression "$TY < 0.1" - this should work in the same way.

Hope this helps,

Jason

hi jason,

i have tried with $TY<0.1 but it's not good for this case. I need in the delete node an expression that return the center of the bouding box or the pivot's position of each groups, so if the center of the group is <0.1 i can delete this group. there is an expression like that?

thx for your help

iaiotom

post-3062-1196023397_thumb.jpg

hi jason,

i have tried with $TY<0.1 but it's not good for this case. I need in the delete node an expression that return the center of the bouding box or the pivot's position of each groups, so if the center of the group is <0.1 i can delete this group. there is an expression like that?

Hi there,

No, unfortunately not. I have often wanted something like that myself, actually. I think you might find yourself looking up how to do Stamping with the Copy SOP. Copy-Stamp is a very powerful feature that might solve all your problems. Or you might find yourself using the ForEach SOP and looping over the groups in your geometry.