vfx oscars

anakin78z

19 members have voted

1. 1. vfx oscars

• The Two Towers
    • Spiderman
    • Episode II

Ep II.

there were too many mistakes in Two Towers...and I don't think a movie should get the award for one effect - however well done, (I'm calling Gollum one effect) it would be like giving Best Picture to a movie because of the performance of one actor...

Spiderman was very good - obviously - but the animation wasn't that great...

I'm not sure, but I think the way it works, is that the studio actually has to submit the movie for consideration. The Judging panel is supposed to be made up of Academy members in that field. They then have special screenings where clips of the movies in the effects categories are shown and the judges watch them and vote. So they start with a field of like 12 movies, narrow it down to three or four, then watch these reels that the studios put together, then cast their votes.

AFAIK, there is a 'bake off' in which some VFX people - no idea who - get together and make a short list that they send to the Academy...

the actual winner is ALWAYS just the favorite movie of the voters...there are like 4000 of them and 99% have little knowledge of VFX...