Particles Fluid Surface With Collision Volume Subtraction

ofer

Hello,

I have a particle fluid simulation that collides with some small geometry. When surfacing the fluid, I loose the details of the collision geometry, because the particles are close. I should use the "Subtract collision volumes" option, but if I do, the surface becomes very jaggy where it collides with the surface. It isn't a problem most of the time, but my collision geometry is invisible, so the artifacts are visible.

Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Thanks.

I haven't tried the Subtraction thing mysely yet - so I'll guess that if you just increase the resolution of the Volumes representing your collision objects that you'll get a better result.

Just curious: I know that SESI have improved the Particle Fluid Surface SOP quite a bit for H9.1. Are using the 9.1 beta?

Hello,

I have a particle fluid simulation that collides with some small geometry. When surfacing the fluid, I loose the details of the collision geometry, because the particles are close. I should use the "Subtract collision volumes" option, but if I do, the surface becomes very jaggy where it collides with the surface. It isn't a problem most of the time, but my collision geometry is invisible, so the artifacts are visible.

Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Thanks.

I've found in general a Smooth SOP is a nice thing to add after the ParticleFluidSurface, even with the Filtering options that are in 9.1. Experiment with increasing the iterations. And a Peak SOP with a negative value before the Smooth can yield interesting results.

Smooth SOP... I knew something like that exists :)

Increasing the the sub-steps in the IsoOffset SOP doesnt help, but I got much better results afters playing the particle size and filtering parameters.

I will now try the Smooth SOP. Thanks.

BTW. I am using 9.1, and it is much better and much faster. The filtering options are very good also.