Making Initial States Individually?

wreath

Hi, i need to make initial states for 2 seperate objects which have to collide each other, don't know how can i do that?

i have a sphere and box in the scene, i made a initial state on 7th frame for box's position(falling down and got position) but the initial state affecting sphere too(falling down which i dont want) because of same dope network, other thing i tried; put them individual dope networks but at this time they cannot collide each other so how can i solve this?

You can use the Creation Frame parameter to introduce these objects to the sim at different times. From the DOPs viewport feedback, it will seem that these don't exist. Go up to objects and yes they do. Remember that the objects themselves have DOP Import nodes applied if you used the shelf to set up the various RBD objects in the simulation. If you did it manually, you need to add these DOP Import nodes to your actual objects to fetch the Sim results.

Another approach is to use the RBD Keyframe Active DOP to toggle the various RBD objects from passive to active at the appropriate time. I like to use the shelf for this (Drive Simulation folder tab) as you can select the various individual RBD objects in the viewport when in DOPs mode. Just makes it easy to get the correct reference. Use the Activate and Deactivate tools.

See the attached file for both setups integrated.

varying_RBD_starts.hip

Edited by old school