Reflection issues with H9 "brushed steel" material

hello all

i have been having an issue with the H9 "brushed steel" material. i am getting grid patterns visible as reflections in my objects. if i set the U and V roughness to the same number the problem goes away - but with the default setting of U= .2 and V=.5 the problem persists. check out the attached image for a visual illustration of the problem. .hip file attached as well. the scene is composed of a simple .obj that is brought in and subdivided. is there something special that has to be done to set up this material to work properly ? does this have something to do with a reflection map that i am not setting up ?

thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

++ scott

brushed_steel_issue.zip

post-1153-1206402469_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Unfortunately that shader will only ever look correct on a patch surface - NURBs or Mesh geometry types, or very carefully modeled quads- where the parametric s & t coordinates all run in the same direction. There is no way to supply your own uv coordinates to this shader and have the anisotropic highlights/reflections follow it correctly.