running an expression to finsh on a frame number

rob

I have this expression running in a point SOP $TZ + snoise($TX*0.3+$T*0.5,$TY*0.3,$TZ*0.3) *(0.5-$BBY) it works great but my animation finishes at frame 240 but theres more frames to go before the sequence ends. It must be possible to tell this expression to run between frame xx and finish at frame xxx , I was thinking along the lines of using greater than or equal to maybe ? to control when the expression runs or not as the case may be. Any chance of a prod in the right direction with the syntax

R

Edited by rob

I have this expression running in a point SOP $TZ + snoise($TX*0.3+$T*0.5,$TY*0.3,$TZ*0.3) *(0.5-$BBY) it works great but my animation finishes at frame 240 but theres more frames to go before the sequence ends. It must be possible to tell this expression to run between frame xx and finish at frame xxx , I was thinking along the lines of using greater than or equal to maybe ? to control when the expression runs or not as the case may be. Any chance of a prod in the right direction with the syntax

R

if($F < 240, $TZ + snoise($TX*0.3+$T*0.5,$TY*0.3,$TZ*0.3) *(0.5-$BBY), [what ever])

I don't think $T is such a good option, even my $F isn't the true thing if you need motion blur.

At least inside your expresssion, I guess the $F in the if might be just fine.

Georg

Thought this might help someone. I have been fiddling around trying to blend between a noise expression in a point SOP to have it start and stop on a frame number of my choosing. To get the noise to fall off in a particular direction , just move the +FF*01 between the $TX and $TZ point positions

R

Noise_displace_02.hipnc

Edited by rob