transforming geo into water

Hey good afternoon,

i have a question concerning my upcoming project.

i modeled some geometry in xsi.. that geometry has 114 seperate parts (600.000 polys). i merged a lot of parts who are sharing the same materials. but overall the most of the parts are seperate pieces. some of them also should be able to rotate by itsellf and drive other parts. so i also parented some parts to each other.

i want to bring it into houdini as a fbx which is no problem, but im asking myself right now if merging and parenting parts in xsi will cause any problems later on in houdini when i transform the geo into water and let the geometry splash on the ground.

does anybody here made some experience with that earlier on or does somebody could tell me what should i be aware of before i start importing the geometry in houdini.

thanks in advance!!

Cheers

-J

There is a 3dworld tutorial which turns geometry into liquid metal, pool the liquid together & a model emerges from it. Search through the forum for "3dworld" & you should find the link.

The easiest test is to parent two spheres or parts, bring that into Houdini & see what you get. :)

Cheers!

steven