How to Make letter act differently on one text node

zasid

Hello Everyone,

I have this problem

1) I have one text node that is having some sentence or words in it .

2) I want every letter of the node to act differently (like rotate accelerate etc.)

3) But how can I do it in one single text node that is an RBD object.

4) I know the easiest solution would be to break every letter in its per text node and them align them and make them as RBDs separately .

But I want to do it in one single text node is it possible to do?

For more clarification I am positing the hip file also.

thanks a ton.

rbd_problem.hip

What you need is an RBD Fracture Object or RBD Glue Object in order to bring the letters in. In order to bring them into DOPs you need to group each object so DOPs knows to process each one individually. I used the Connectivity and Partition SOP in order to put each object in a unique group.

rbd_problem_002.hip

Using the Fractured/Glue object with Connectivity/Partition gets the basic effect, however doesn't really give you the option to stagger the rotation and such.

In the attached file, the Connectivity/Partition is used, then passed to a ForEach Sop. This acts on each group(letter) and randomizes the

rotation of each letter on the Z axis. I also throw in a Facet and turn on Unique Points to give it the non-fused look back to the letters.

This can then be imported into DOPs as a Fractured object. Taking it further, random values for Angular Velocity are assigned to the letters using OBJID.

rbd_problem.hip