New Operator Type Question

atap3d

hey atap3d,

you mean adding existing operator (shader) or creating a new one? To create a new shader or other VEX based operator you need to select "VEX Type" and choose appropriate type for your code.

To add existing one, choose "Install Operator Type..." from File Menu.

Please note, that if you plan to work with VOPs - building your shaders visually - you don't need this steps. Just Create a new VOP Surface inside VOP network (which is apparently and for no particular reason called now VEX :blink: ). Make all you need with it inside this newly created VOP network, than RMB "Create New Shop of this Type...".

hope this helps,

sy.

I'm writing V-Ray Render conector now. And I need to make new shaders.

He, he, nice one. I was considering that also but don't have much time now. You can simply create a new shader via VOPs. This will give you advantage to have OpenGL link to your shader parameters. This is what I did writing Sunflow exporter for Houdini 8 last year.

What about other stuff. I assume shaders goes last, isn't it? Have you managed already geometry, camera etc export?

Good luck,

sy.

Edited by SYmek