RANDOM FALL OF A FRACTURED OBJECTS

zasid

Hello Guys,

I want certain parts of my fractured objects to fall before other parts and then rest of the parts can fall together just as they do during a normal fracture simulation

how can I make those unique parts to fall while my fracture object is moving toward its final fall ?

Many Thanks.

Hello Guys,

I want certain parts of my fractured objects to fall before other parts and then rest of the parts can fall together just as they do during a normal fracture simulation

how can I make those unique parts to fall while my fracture object is moving toward its final fall ?

Many Thanks.

You can play with the $OBJID variable and the rand function to activate the gravity and set the glue strength to 0 in the case of a glue object.

You can use the RBD Keyframe Active DOP to do this. If you want discrete control over some of the pieces, you will need one for each piece. Just keyframe the Active Value from 0 to 1 when you want those pieces to fall.

You can turn on the names of the RBD pieces in the viewport display options "Object names".

It can be used interactively from the shelf if you wish.

To do that, make sure that you are in DOPs mode in the viewport.

• Press the select tool and shift select the pieces you want to hold back at the start frame of your sim (frame 250 in your scene file).
  • Display the Drive Simulation Shelf. The two tools you will use are Activate Objects and Deactivate Objects.
  • With your pieces selected, press Deactivate Objects.
  • Now play your sim. When you want to release one of the objects, hit "s" and select it then press Activate Objects.
  • Play further forward and activate the other objects when you want.

You will see that each RBD object gets it's own RBD Keyframe Active DOP and the node name inherits the RBD object name. Shift click on the Active Value parms to see the animation channels to tweak.

FRACTURE_RANDOM_DROP_mod.hip

Edited by old school