DOP collision problem

khuong

Hi all,

i'm new to Houdini. I set up a liquid fluid that falling on some spheres and box but i don't know why the fluid just only collides on the spheres but the box, i've tried many way to figure out in vain. All the spheres and box in Geometry node and set to Polygon. The fluid always goes through the box...

Anyone, please help. Thank you very much

Khuong

Two problems in your scene:

1.- Low resolution fluid. It has an easy fix, increment size param in your Fluid Object.

2.- Your collision guide geometry do not fit with your real geometry.

Fixs:

Increment the divisions of your collision guide.

Increment the axis divisions in your box geometry. Change primitive type to Polygon Mesh.

If is posible, increment the y size of your box, the collision guide geometry detections will work better.

Two problems in your scene:

1.- Low resolution fluid. It has an easy fix, increment size param in your Fluid Object.

2.- Your collision guide geometry do not fit with your real geometry.

Fixs:

Increment the divisions of your collision guide.

Increment the axis divisions in your box geometry. Change primitive type to Polygon Mesh.

If is posible, increment the y size of your box, the collision guide geometry detections will work better.

Thanks vmuriel, i'll give it a try :)

Thank you for your advice vrmuriel, it works ;)

one more thing i want to ask you that when i scaled down the box to make it thinner like a piece of wood, the fluid still goes through it... :( although i increased the axis divisions.... how can i do to fix it? thanks