how to drive the primitive groups by particle

ohiro2

hi, All. is there any way to drive the transformation of each primitive groups by particle?

I tried to emit the particle from center of each primitives and used copy sop to drive.

but I can't figure out how I can apply each primitives like following image.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-3088-1211832465_thumb.jpg

Edited by ohiro2

Hi ohiro2,

I don't understand what you mean by the diagram .. but you can use the second input of the primitive sop to plug the particls generated from each primitive center. This will make the particles move the primitives along with them. Is that what you're after?

Cheers

P.S make sure you check (Do Transformation) in the primitive sop

ok. here is my example file.

basically I want to drive primitive groups by particle.

If I want to drive just each primitives , the example from GallenWolf works.

Right now, in my scene, a group1 is just driven by paricle. I also drive group2 too.

This can be used shatter effect. like ... all shatters rot and position can be driven by particle.

Thanks.

test_v01.hipnc

Edited by ohiro2

Took a quick look. Haven't tried it out but I think in your case it may be quite involved.

I would look at generating the shattered pieces, once that is done, I will create a set of points with the same number of pieces, and then position these points at the centroid (look up the expression0 of each piece, these points are then used for emission. (whoa long sentence).

After that, a copy sop should in theory be sufficient to make that work. Hmmm I gotta try it....

GW