Camera Path Object attribute update upon delete

Hi!

I'm wondering the following. I have a camera object on which I attach a curve path object. If I delete the curve object the camera automatically updates. I need this sort of behavior as I have a situation where a master node (derived from OBJ_Null) is the link to a bake format. And other nodes, like SOP for example, point to this one. So if I delete the master node I want the dependent nodes to be updated (throw an error). Any clues about this?

Thanks guys!

P.S. - In the SOP's case is not a big deal as they copy the geometry, but later I'll want to add cameras an so...

Edited by nestumkiller

Are these custom SOPs? If so, they need to call addExtraInput(OP_DATA_INTEREST, obj_node) and make sure to do right thing when obj_node is NULL.

Yes, they are custom ones. By the way, I call that code inside cookMySop() and I start having my node out of date after I change something on the object I'm pointing to. The SOP basically extracts pieces of geo from the other node, and when I change the scene the SOP all shows the previous one. So, I noticed the existence of clearExtraInputs(), which seems to make it work fine. Do you know why? This mechanism seems like a kind of Listener pattern... is it something like this?

Anyway, thanks a lot Ed!

Cheers

Yes, they are custom ones. By the way, I call that code inside cookMySop() and I start having my node out of date after I change something on the object I'm pointing to.

From your description it sounds like you're dependent on a different SOP, not an object since you're extracting geometry from a SOP. Then make sure that you're doing addExtraInput() with the other SOP node. Anyhow, it sounds like its behaving as it should since changing a parameter on the other node changes its data, which in turn means that your extract node needs to recook.

From your description it sounds like you're dependent on a different SOP, not an object since you're extracting geometry from a SOP. Then make sure that you're doing addExtraInput() with the other SOP node. Anyhow, it sounds like its behaving as it should since changing a parameter on the other node changes its data, which in turn means that your extract node needs to recook.

The other objecyt is not actually a SOP but a OBJ_Null-derived object. Since it represents more than geometry (cams, lights, etc...) I decided to code it at that level. Do I need to also add the addExtraInput() to that node (when you say "Then make sure that you're doing addExtraInput() with the other SOP node")? Having cross-references?

Thanks once again Ed :)

I'm confused about your setup then. In anycase, here's how it works generically. Suppose we have node_A which uses data created by node_B. Then in node_A's cook method, it needs a addExtraInput(OP_DATA_INTEREST, node_B) call.

I'm confused about your setup then. In anycase, here's how it works generically. Suppose we have node_A which uses data created by node_B. Then in node_A's cook method, it needs a addExtraInput(OP_DATA_INTEREST, node_B) call.

Lol. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Well, it's pretty simple, I have a custom importer node, derived from OBJ_Null which acts as a bake format importer. Then, the SOP that I mentioned, when connected to the importer, gets the geo.

Anyway, I did what you said, and it's working just fine :).

Thanks a lot for all the help. It's pretty hard to get documentation on HDK :S (as everyone knows...).

Cheers