enter Group randomly?

Hi, all-

I am one emitter(let say its sphere) amd I have a box which will move toward to the sphere and pass through it.

I am emitting 50 number of particles on my sphere and it doesnt have any initial velocity so it will just stay where it was born.

and when the box pass through it, I made the particles to detect the box with collision pop and enter to a group with preserve option is one.

When it collide with the box, it enter the group at once but, I want the particles to enter the group with random timing.

Let say, particle ID "42" will enter the group right after when it collides but particle ID "24", I want the particle to enter the group 2 frames after the collision.

and for other particles the frame will be random with range of 2~10.

How do I do this?

Thanks, :ph34r:

-Jae

You can turn on the Hit Time attribute which tells you the time each particle collided with the box. Append a Group POP after the Collsion POP & you can do something like this:

if( $T - $HITTIME > fit01(rand($ID+944), $HITTIME + 2/$FPS, $HITTIME + 10/$FPS), 1, 0)

I think the above should work. If it doesn't work, please post the hip file because I don't have time to set things up.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

steven

You can turn on the Hit Time attribute which tells you the time each particle collided with the box. Append a Group POP after the Collsion POP & you can do something like this:

if( $T - $HITTIME > fit01(rand($ID+944), $HITTIME + 2/$FPS, $HITTIME + 10/$FPS), 1, 0)

I think the above should work. If it doesn't work, please post the hip file because I don't have time to set things up.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

steven

Hi, Steve.

I am doing something wrong I guess..

Can you upload a hip file example so I can understand better when you get a chance..?

Thank you very much!!! :lol: