trail sop caculate velocity when I delete primitive.

Hi all,

I am using the delete sop to delete my obj using bounding volume.

I animated size of the bounding volume and it moving from center to edge of the object.

When the primitive starts to deleted by the bounding volume, it gets a crazy velocity.

I guess the velocity is inherited by the bounding volume, if I see the velocity vector.

OR,

is it just because there is no previous or next frame of obj is not exist,

I could make one but its deleted by animated bounding volume, so it wont work, isnt it?(tell me if I can!)

I tried the transform sop and animated scale with a little super-tiny value (ex: 1 + $FF / 99999999) to make at least a little bit of velocity there to prevent getting velocity from something else.. but its not working too..

But, is there other way to solve this problem??

Thanks,

:ph34r::lol:

Edited by Jae Yoo

Are you using the Delete SOP because you simply have too much data and you are trying to get speed up (or for whatever reason...).

Either way, the Trail SOP approach to calculating velocity really doesn't work well when you delete arbitrary points in the input.

e.g.: Point 300 is deleted on the current frame. Point 301 now becomes Point 300. The velocity is now incorrect for point 300!

If you can use an alternate attribute such as id, then you can work around this by using a Sort SOP > sort points by attribute then Trail SOP. There are other ways to feed in a stable point set in to the Trail SOP as well (CHOPs, mdd caches, etc...).