switching to the proper folder in Digital asset selection

JoshJ

Hello,

Let's say I have several objects in a digital asset. I've promoted parameters of each object into the top level interface of the HDA. How can I make the folders switch to the correct object's parameters whenever that object is selected?

Make sure the preference is turned on under Edit > Handles(?) .... Second, make sure the objects inside have their selectable (green) flag turned on. Forth, make sure the parameters to span different folders. eg. don't promote tx and ty to different folders.

When I was selecting objects, the folders were in fact switching, however they were switching to the wrong objects! At that time, I had the transform and subnet controls from the subnet still at the top of the asset. I moved them to the bottom in the type properties parameter interface, and the folders switched correctly at that time.

This brings up an important question, in complicated assets (such as the toon character), how can one precisely control the folder that opens upon selection of different parts? Is there a good way to control the behavior? I saw some things about "std_switcher" before, but never have seen clear instruction on how to do this.

Make sure the preference is turned on under Edit > Handles(?) .... Second, make sure the objects inside have their selectable (green) flag turned on. Forth, make sure the parameters to span different folders. eg. don't promote tx and ty to different folders.

I should have also mentioned that say you also can't promote the translate and rotate parameters from the same object into different folders. When you select the object, the handle is binding to the translate/rotate/scale parameters and will follow the channel references up. So if you have them split into different folders, then it can only switch to one of them.

I promoted each whole object's parameters to the top level of the digital asset, so each object had its own folder with the respective TRS Pivot etc. controls within each folder. What I'd like is a way to specifically control which folder is switched to, when Houdini's default decision malfunctioned.

I should have also mentioned that say you also can't promote the translate and rotate parameters from the same object into different folders. When you select the object, the handle is binding to the translate/rotate/scale parameters and will follow the channel references up. So if you have them split into different folders, then it can only switch to one of them.