Ubuntu random freezes

Nico D.

Which linux distribution is more stable ? Im having problems with Ubuntu 7.10, it freezes randomly.

I found many people with same problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905

I had this problem with both Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10, but fixed it with this post. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=313...p;postcount=544

There's a few different fixes that are working for people. I'd imagine it's more related to your hardware config.

You may want to try one of the newer releases. Both opensuse 11 and Ubuntu 8.04 have increased hardware support. I can't say for sure though.

I had this problem with both Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10, but fixed it with this post. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=313...p;postcount=544

There's a few different fixes that are working for people. I'd imagine it's more related to your hardware config.

You may want to try one of the newer releases. Both opensuse 11 and Ubuntu 8.04 have increased hardware support. I can't say for sure though.

ok, I will try opensuse, do you think 11 or 10.3 ? Maybe suse 11 is unestable yet ?

ok, I will try opensuse, do you think 11 or 10.3 ? Maybe suse 11 is unestable yet ?

Honestly, I tried opensuse 10.3 a while back and it gave me the same random system freeze that I was getting in Ubuntu 7.04. However, since opensuse doesn't have as large of a user base as Ubuntu I wasn't able to find anyone else with similar problems so I never fixed it.

I would try opensuse 11 or Ubuntu 8.04 over an older release of either kind. Mostly for better hardware support.

Honestly, I tried opensuse 10.3 a while back and it gave me the same random system freeze that I was getting in Ubuntu 7.04. However, since opensuse doesn't have as large of a user base as Ubuntu I wasn't able to find anyone else with similar problems so I never fixed it.

I would try opensuse 11 or Ubuntu 8.04 over an older release of either kind. Mostly for better hardware support.

Yesterday I installed openSuse 11 and is working really good. Maybe there is better hardware support. Also, the gnome interface is much nicer than I excpected, it feels very user friendly.

Yesterday I installed openSuse 11 and is working really good. Maybe there is better hardware support. Also, the gnome interface is much nicer than I excpected, it feels very user friendly.

Nice! I may try it soon myself.