Point cloud shader problem

hytor

Hello!

I've been experimenting with the point cloud feature, but I encountered some problems. I attached the picture about how it looks in rendered. There problem is concerning to those black square shapes, those areas supposed to have negative values. I would really appreciate some help with this.

I also attached my scene file!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Hytor

pointCloudBS.zip

Hello!

I've been experimenting with the point cloud feature, but I encountered some problems. I attached the picture about how it looks in rendered. There problem is concerning to those black square shapes, those areas supposed to have negative values. I would really appreciate some help with this.

I also attached my scene file!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Hytor

pointCloudBS.zip

negative values show up as black, which is what its doing. Make sure you are rendering them as float images. Int images clamp the range between 0 and 1. When you are using mplay, you can hit the "i" key to inspect the image values to check to see if you are getting negative values.

Thanks, I already checked it with "i" key. But I don't now, why it is negative. I'm sure the problem is in my shader. If you look at the picture, you should realize, that those gradient spots should be continuous, I should not get any negative values!