Rock WIP

zasid

Nice start. Do you have photo reference of what you're going for?

I have a few comments, if you don't mind:

- I see texture detail discontinuities. Some areas look crisp and detailed, some look softer. I know you're going for different surface qualities, but the softness looks like texture quality is too low.

- There is also some texture stretching - some of the features look too stretched out when they should have some regular unstretched detail on them if they were intended to be elongated features.

- You might need to bump your shading quality on your rock object to 2 or 3 to really pop the detail out. For a still, you might want to consider using a Catmull-Rom pixel filter too. Gaussian is quite soft for a still

- I like the color variation on the rock, but the shading model seems a little dull. It seems as if it needs a touch of a noisy specular reflection in some areas to bring out the shape more. The cyan and yellow and red areas do seem a little too chroma. I'd tone that down quite a bit.

Cheers,

Jason

Hello Jason,

That is some really nice comments.I will surely try to bring in your suggestion into work flow.I did pop up the dicing to 2 but not the shading quality I will try it again.Yes the texture is low resolution atm the moment.My next test would be with specular as I was thinking it mite make my rock looks wet that I don't want but anyways let me try that and see .

you might want to consider using a Catmull-Rom pixel filter too. Gaussian is quite soft ( This is a good one I will surely change and see)

Acutally my shot will be a panning shot and the rock will remain still.Can you suggest me something better with this kind of a shot.

Many thanks for such a nice crits....!zasid