Mantra render settings to get this detail fur..

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?act=at...ost&id=4930

the output looks good but i think its not as good as what we see in the movies.. but anybody pls recommend me some good render settings for very good fur output..

thanks

Its hard to really tell on an unfinished JPG still, but I'd say the technical quality might be fine for production: perhaps the anti-aliasing and shading rate might be fine ... what it's missing is a convincing hair shader (depending on the look and feel you're looking for) and some decent compositing and colour correction. Motion-blur would help push it into a more realistic (versus stylized) look too.

If you're looking for better settings for a un-motion-blurred still image, I'd probably take a look first at the Pixel Filter (find a sharper filter, like Catmull-Rom or Blackman) and also increase the Super Sample (you might need to with a sharper pixel filter) and Shading Quality settings (especially if you change the shader to have more detail).

Hi Jason thanks for the reply. I would like to tell you few things. I understand what could make a difference like supersampling by cranking the values of pixel samples and playing with shading rate.. but I would like to know the values which can give better output...

I will send out certain images with different Mantra settings...

Please have a look...