DOP simulation to maya and fundametal questions

bareja

Hi,

I'm newbie in Houdini, I've tried find something about it using search, but without any result.

I have simple cube and i wanna export simulation form DOPs to maya. I see two ways:

1) Get object transformation, rotation and export(i don't know how to get transformation matrix) it to mov and import it to maya, then connect it to transform node.

2) Export simulation as obj. write objImporter node and connect objImporter.outMesh meshShape1.inMesh.

If this is next topic about 'houdini to maya simulation' could you give me links ?

Please help.

cheers.

1) Houdini FBX Exporter -> Maya FBX Importer

2) Houdini obj sequence -> Maya obj sequence import (by script)

3) Dynamic Chop to import t[xyz] p[xyz] orient[xyzw] channels and save them in chan file (RMB on Dynamic Chop).

I think that in Appreantice only obj sequence can be done.

cheers,

sy.

thanks for asnwer,

Swann has told me that You've talked about this topic some time ago.

Could You link this discussion ?

And another question is: if i have obj sequence what for is t,p,o channels? I've baked points position in obj.

thanks,

Edited by bareja

thanks for asnwer,

And another question is: if i have obj sequence what for is t,p,o channels? I've baked points position in obj.

thanks,

I don't remember discussion Swann told you about, but as to obj sequence, you don't need anything else. Channels are just another way to go. The third one ;)

i have another question about collisions. When objects collide, 'houdini' add new data called: Impacts, but it exists only in collision time, not in whole simulation time. I want to count collisions, I need activate 'something' when objects will collide. Is it possible ?

i have another question about collisions. When objects collide, 'houdini' add new data called: Impacts, but it exists only in collision time, not in whole simulation time. I want to count collisions, I need activate 'something' when objects will collide. Is it possible ?

Most questions about impact data are about precisely that issue. So the best what you can do is to search for "impact data" phrase. For example ;)

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...;hl=impact+data

thanks for asnwer,

thanks,

I sad "I guess Symek" was talking about this. :), I didn't know for sure.

Anyway, look here, seems that this is what you need:

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...hl=dynamic+chop

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...hl=dynamic+chop

If I remember properly You own Rigid Body Dynamics from Gnomon and Iguess there was example in this video with Impacts and activating on collision.

Edited by SWANN

There is a Script Solver thing to do it:

http://localhost:48626/nodes/dop/scriptsolver

The example at the bottom called "SumImpacts":

$HFS/houdini/help/examples/nodes/dop/scriptsolver/SumImpacts.cmd