leopard rig muscles

Has anyone tried to view and dive into the deform rig of the leopard? There are lots lots of muscles in there, and my Houdini can't move at all. Only about 30 seconds I can tumble the view for a few seconds. I am aware of the amount of muscles that are in there but isn't suposed to display faster at least. I'm not even trying to select or manipulate a muscle. Just view them. It's not workable at all. How did the person who build it could work with such a setup? there is no good since it's not workable with. Isn't there a method for faster display of muscles? So this is how they are and we can't do nothing about them? It would mean that on a realtive small rig (eg. the shoulder area where are all those muscles tied up and streching - arm, pectoralis, back, neck,) it cannot even update in the viewport (considering hiding the rest of the body's muscles). I'm not even speaking of animation. Please does anyone have some advice regarding this ?

Has anyone tried to view and dive into the deform rig of the leopard? There are lots lots of muscles in there, and my Houdini can't move at all. Only about 30 seconds I can tumble the view for a few seconds. I am aware of the amount of muscles that are in there but isn't suposed to display faster at least. I'm not even trying to select or manipulate a muscle. Just view them. It's not workable at all. How did the person who build it could work with such a setup? there is no good since it's not workable with. Isn't there a method for faster display of muscles? So this is how they are and we can't do nothing about them? It would mean that on a realtive small rig (eg. the shoulder area where are all those muscles tied up and streching - arm, pectoralis, back, neck,) it cannot even update in the viewport (considering hiding the rest of the body's muscles). I'm not even speaking of animation. Please does anyone have some advice regarding this ?

I haven't look at the rig, but I'll bet it's because the metaballs (used in the muscle setup) are trying to get displayed all nicely blending together in the viewport - which is quite compute-intensive.

You can try two things. Hit "d" and bring up the viewport DisplayOptions and...

• Turn off metaball display by activating Guides&Markers>Primitives>Hulls and then activating Optimization>Display Hulls Only. (Be nice if SESI could consolidate this into a one-step "Display Metaballs as Hulls", IMHO - but this works fine)
  • or, just speed up the display by reducing the detail in Viewport>Level Of Detail.

Tell us if this helps,

Jason

I tried what you said and indeed now the muslces are moving / deforming fluent but I cannot see any shading due to the hull visualization style. I would like shaded mode since it helps the perception of volume and deformation. Now with the hulls is very hard to distinguish whitch is whitch and I cannot see the volume due to very dense wire view. Please share a decent workflow with muslces ,of course not as many as in this leopard rig, but even with a few is VERY slow. Thank you !