ForEach Sop, attributes, and groups

ihab

Hi,

I'm running into a problem which seems so simple yet i can't find any way to solve it.

The thing is inside the (for each) sop any attributes or groups created inside the forEach sop is not accessible back at the level of the forEach sop.

I can't transfer attributes or groups from inside the Foreach subnet back to a sop at the same level of the ForEach sop itself.

(How many times have i said Foreach? :) )

Is any one else having the same problem with this strange sop?

Maybe i should go back to the old delete/copy loops to have access to individual primitives inside my geometry.

But i noticed that since h9 this delte/copy thing tends to break a lot and needs a lot of manual refreshing, the delete sop tends to turn red and i have to go to the copy sop and MMB to force it to recook.

Besides i want to get used to this strange forEach sop anyway.

So Is there a way to keep the groups created inside the forEach loop to be accessible outside?

Thanks

yes, please post a file. I've used both methods you describe a heck of a lot and never hit the problems you are having. The delete copy stamp loops have always been 100% robust in my experience. I quite literally used thousands of them in 1 hip file before with no cooking issues.

Edited by sibarrick

sorry guys, my bad. I've been using a point expression inside a sop referencing a null below it. it caused a recursive error which, strangely sometimes works when you recook the network. i managed to use both cop/delete and foreach successfully with this scene. I guess it's the sideeffect of working too many hours. Thanks for th replies.