Sprite Opacity Over Life

ITdreamer

Hello, friends

I render sprites. I apply shader with a texture, which I created in SHOPs. Render is OK. Alpha is good. But what I need is to make sprites become transparent over life. I tried to apply Color POP with ramp over life to particles, but the sprites Shader seems to overwrite the transparency, with the alpha of the texture. How can I solve this problem?

hey,

can you post a hip file, I think you did something wrong with the color pop. and i think you need to pass these variables explicitly to the sprite procedural. I don't know I haven't used sprites since h9 was released. I used it in h8 only. A hip is more than a thousand words ;)

Cheers

In the material that is applied to your sprites, enter it and make sure you have a mantra:procedural sprite connected to your suboutput. Once done, add the attributes you want the shader to inherit to the Attributes tab in the geometry shader. In your case, you would add Alpha in order to have the shader inherit the particle opacity. Another example would be Cd, the color attribute.

MIguel

I tried to create the same scene from scratch, with the help of your example. But something is wrong. Your example works, my not. I can`t understand what is wrong. Looks like both examples are the same, but your works, and my doesn't work.

Please, help me to understand the problem.

Here is the new scene, which I've created from scratch, after I explored your example.

Sprites_Test_new.hip

Edited by ITdreamer