Points To POP?

Fabiano Berlim

You can use a sourceSOP. Select the geometry source, set it's emission to points(ordered), set the impulse rate to the geometry pointcount (link it with a expression), deactivate const birth and set the impulse Activation to $F==1.

it still uses a source but i think it does it's job

martin

You can use a sourceSOP. Select the geometry source, set it's emission to points(ordered), set the impulse rate to the geometry pointcount (link it with a expression), deactivate const birth and set the impulse Activation to $F==1.

martin

There's a local variable '$NPT' that will give you the number of incoming pts on the frame. Put this in your Impulse Birth Rate like Martin suggests and all should be gravy.

Thank you all!!! A lot!!!

Well... I made it work. I will explain a little more of my problem.

I made a effect using only the node particles inside Geo context. My problem started when I realized that the sprite node now is just inside the POP context. I did not want to make it all over again, and it's easier to make a rough initial shape using Particle Node and drop all to POP and tweak.

So, i don't know why that happens, but if you put a POP Network Node inside the Geo context that have the Particle Node, those points will only emit particles. But, if you open another POP Network in OBJ context (out of Geo), those points will be the particles and not the emitters.

Now I can render particles as Sprites and finish the final tweaks.

I don't know why... BUT IT WORKS.

I hope that can help someone.

Cheers

martin

Ok!!! That work if the object do not have a variable number of points.

But thanks!!! Probably i will need this information soon or later.

The thing is... How can I render the Particle Node as Sprite?

Or... How can I transfer that points from the Particle Node to a POP Network? That would be great!!!!

Or... How can I make particles with spiral and vortex Force with metaball field effect inside POP Network?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Ok!!! That work if the object do not have a variable number of points.

But thanks!!! Probably i will need this information soon or later.

The thing is... How can I render the Particle Node as Sprite?

Or... How can I transfer that points from the Particle Node to a POP Network? That would be great!!!!

Or... How can I make particles with spiral and vortex Force with metaball field effect inside POP Network?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Have a look at this .hip(nc) file. Everything you need to know for sprite rendering is in there. A mantra sprite proceduralSHOP is needed for the rendering of sprites, which you add to the geometry container at OBJ level. You can use an orbitPOP inside of POPS, but to get exactly the look you are after, it is not the easiest tool to use. Stick with the particleSOP and metaballs imo.

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...ost&p=51616

Edited by ragupasta

Cant you use the npoints()?

$NPT evaluates a bit faster as it is a local variable, and not an expression to evalute another node.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Have a look at the Force SOP. There's a help Card Example 'Force Basic' that has a nifty simple Tornado going on.

Have a look at this .hip(nc) file. Everything you need to know for sprite rendering is in there. A mantra sprite proceduralSHOP is needed for the rendering of sprites, which you add to the geometry container at OBJ level. You can use an orbitPOP inside of POPS, but to get exactly the look you are after, it is not the easiest tool to use. Stick with the particleSOP and metaballs imo.

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showto...ost&p=51616

Very COOL!!! Thank you a LOT!!!! Sprite work perfectly!!!