Ice Cream (Soft Serve)

tomboessel

hey

what about having an emitter that births a constant rate of particles, in a very specific direction, ie star shaped etc,

then have this emitter follow a curve, the curve should be the spine of the icecream being poured, so in many ways it could be hand shaped, or it could be simmed, but either way, use this cuve to shape the icecream.

id apply alot of drag to the points being emitted, and then send that to sops and skin generate lines based on the profiles of the points being birted.

then skin.

or take a look at the file attached (between waiting for sims i couldnt resist) iceCream.hip - play through the file, cause the icecream needs to come out the machine ;)

post-585-1223216440_thumb.jpg

an interesting method of generating ur shape along the Y axis could be to invert the shape, drop some spheres into them using dops, and then send that to sops, but only extract the point position, sort via y height and then convert those points to ur line, that u ultimately use to attach ur particle emitter to., right at the end u'd have to reinvert that(along the Y axis), or else ur icecream would be upside down :)

somehow u have to get full cream milk and other ingredients in there but im sure this is just another approach

:)

Edited by aracid
instructions

• 3 weeks later...

A little late to the party...

Here is another icecream that does pretty much the same thing as aracid's except it pales in complexity.

It never occurred to me to use a popnet to generate the shape. :blink:

For the icecream cone, I couldn't figure out how to get a displacement shader to look like a typical "cone pattern", so I threw on a default shader.

The shading and the lighting both need work--the hip file is attached so have at it. :)

post-3604-1224827494_thumb.jpg

jimmied_icecream.zip